What can you tell us about the end times?
I don’t consider myself an expert on the details of the end times. It’s not my thing and I think there is too much that is highly speculative. On the subject of eschatology, timing of the rapture, millennium, etc., I highly recommend Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology, chapters 54 and 55.
Here are several blogs I’ve written about the end times:
- What do you think about linking current events to the end times?
- Studying Heaven vs. Studying the End Times
Other end times resources:
- The Complete Book of Bible Prophecy- Good general book on Bible prophecy, includes Revelation but also other portions of Scripture; from a dispensational framework:
- Revelation (McArthur Bible Studies)- Study guide for Revelation by John MacArthur, also pretrib rapture approach:
- Revelation: Four Views: A Parallel Commentary- Big commentary on Revelation, showing each passage as viewed from four different viewpoints:
- Three Views on the Millennium and Beyond. Counterpoints
- The Meaning of the Millennium: Four Views
- The Complete Idiots Guide to the Book of Revelation- The “Idiots’ Guide” series are really not for idiots, of course, they just try to be very clear in their communication. This one’s on the book of Revelation
- Revelation: God’s Word for the Biblically Inept- This one looks fascinating, also supposedly fairly easy to understand, see the great reader reviews. *If I was to get either this or the Idiots’ guide, based on reviews, I think I’d get this one.