I’m sure this passage in Genesis could have been further clarified, but perhaps it doesn’t need to be. God must have created out of nothing because there was nothing before he created (otherwise he would not be God).
- Wed, Feb 29, 2012
Lita Cosner, Creation Magazine writer, chats with Randy Alcorn, founder and director of Eternal Perspective Ministries. Article originally published in April 2012 edition of Creation Magazine, http://creation.com/randy-alcorn-interview.
- Mon, Jul 12, 2010
Do you believe Genesis 1 is the record of God preparing Eden for human habitation in six literal 24-hour days?
Yes, it just seems so difficult to find other positions in the text without importing them.
- Wed, Jun 09, 2010
Randy Alcorn leads the Eternal Persepective Ministries staff in a devotional time focused on the words of Psalm 19.
- Thu, May 20, 2010
Randy Alcorn answers the question, 'Why did God save the animals from the flood?"
Randy Alcorn answers the question,"Are there references to the New Earth in the Old Testament Prophets?"
Please explain your interchangeable use of the Hebrew words bara (creation ex nihilo) and asah (making from what already exists)
Question from a reader:
Please explain your interchangeable use of the Hebrew words bara (creation ex nihilo) and asah (making from what already exists) in Chapter 9 of Heaven. With the distinction blurred, what does that do to the doctrines of origin?
- Mon, Apr 19, 2010
And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.” So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day. (Genesis 1:20-23)
- Sun, Mar 28, 2010
Books and Resources that Mostly Assume an Old Earth
- Darwin's Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution, 10th Anniversary edition, a New York Times bestseller, by Michael Behe
- Darwin on Trial by Phillip E. Johnson
- Mere Creation: Science, Faith and Intelligent Design by William Dembski
- Evolution: A Theory in Crisis by Michael Denton
- The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward by Lee Strobel
- Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (DVD) by Ben Stein
- The Privileged Planet (DVD) by Discovery Institute
- Unlocking the Mystery of Life (DVD) by Illustra Media
- www.discovery.org/csc/ (website)