Resources for Those Who’ve Lost a Child
Question from a reader:
I lost a child and am seeking hope and perspective. What resources would you recommend?
Answered by Karen Coleman, EPM ministry assistant:
As a parent, I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child. I’m so sorry for your loss and am praying that God will be your comfort as you seek Him.
Here are some resources from the Desiring God website about losing a child that may be helpful to you:
- Letter to a Parent Grieving the Loss of a Child
- For All Who Ever Lost a Child
- Looking to Christ in the Loss of a Child
Here are a few other related books:
- When Your Family’s Lost a Loved One by Dave & Nancy Guthrie (lost two children)
- A Grief Disguised by Jerry Sittser (lost three family members in one accident)
- When Life Is Changed Forever by Rick Taylor (lost his young son in a drowning accident)
Above all, I hope you are finding the comfort you seek in Jesus and His Word. The Bible contains the substance of what we know about Heaven. Unless one believes the Bible, there isn’t any way we can provide hope or comfort. But there is much hope and comfort that Jesus offers!
May the God of all comfort surround you with His love.
Karen Coleman is a ministry assistant at Eternal Perspective Ministries. She spent 23 years in Cameroon, West Africa involved in Bible translation and missionary care. Before going to Africa and before EPM began, she served as Randy’s assistant when he was a pastor.