How do I have an authentic, meaningful relationship with God?
A couple of weeks ago, we asked my blog readers to submit questions for me to answer. I answered five of them at a recent filming, and today’s blog and the next four posts will be my answers to those questions.
One of the questions asked was, “I have accepted Christ as my Savior. How do I begin to have a authentic meaningful relationship with God? Besides going to church. I mean on a more personal one on one basis."
- Set aside time every day to spend with the Lord, reading his word, praying, listening to him.
- Read books that draw on the power of Scripture. Feed your heart and your mind.
- Listen to sermons, worship music, and Scripture as you go about your day-to-day activities such as driving or doing the dishes.
- Fellowship with other Christians within the church, the body of Christ.
- Turn off the distractions in your life, whether that’s Facebook, the internet, television, etc.
Think of Christ as your mentor and your best friend, as well as your Savior and Lord. Your relationship with Him will only grow as you spend time with Him—not only as you talk to God, but also as you listen to Him. The Lord promises His word will not return to Him empty without accomplishing the purpose for which He sent it. He will accomplish that purpose in your life. Open up your life and your heart to the Word of God and He will draw you to Himself (James 4:8).
Click here to view the list of favorite books I mentioned in the video.