The Uniqueness of Giving to Eternal Perspective Ministries
I’ve been asked over the years, “Why don’t you fund Eternal Perspective Ministries through the book royalties, and not receive donations?” It’s a reasonable question, and there are two main answers.
First, God has blessed the sales and impact of the books, and I believe that’s partly because we determined to give the Lord all the royalties, to help the poor and support strategic mission efforts all over the world. (God uses the books to further His kingdom, but He also uses the funds they generate.)
Second, EPM benefits tremendously from having financial supporters because of their partnership through prayer and accountability. If we used the royalties to fund our ministry, we wouldn’t have to rely on anyone else. That self-reliance would be a great loss to us, and a loss to our ministry partners too.
Jesus said that where we put our treasures is where our hearts will go. None of our supporters would have a heart for our ministry had we been self-supported. When people give they’re much more likely to pray. I can’t convey the depth of my gratitude to those who regularly give to EPM, and the three thousand people who receive our prayer updates! (You can sign up here if you’d like to join our prayer team.)
Paul told his readers that their prayers were a vital part of his ministry and outreach in spreading the Gospel (Romans 15:30-32, 2 Corinthians 1:10-11). Likewise, your prayers for this ministry are an eternal investment. Prayer isn’t the least you can do for us; it’s the most.
Your partnership through prayer, giving, or both, is making a difference:
- for prisoners who receive books from our ministry. Many are coming to know Christ, and others are being discipled in their faith.
- for our outreach through social media and our website, as we seek to encourage and educate believers and to share the gospel with unbelievers using our resources (blogs, audios, magazines, and videos).
- for our efforts to get more of our articles and resources translated into other languages. So far, we have resources available in nine different languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Cambodian-Khmer, Nepali, Albanian, Tajik, Ukrainian, and Chinese – simplified), and we hope to greatly expand what’s available for each language, as well as translate material into many other languages.
- for our staff as they do their work. Each phone conversation and email they answer can be a divine appointment, an opportunity to minister in Christ’s name. Each order of books they mail out can be used to glorify God and spread His good news of happiness.
- for me as I continue writing books, and for the staff members who assist me through their editing. I’m profoundly aware of the difference prayer makes in my writing and speaking. To whatever degree God chooses to touch lives through the books, and whatever else I’m involved in, you who pray for me will have played a major role. Nanci and I and our EPM staff are deeply grateful. One day you’ll receive your reward.
For those who have chosen to partner with us in supporting our ministry by giving, I want you to know that we deeply appreciate each gift and seek to be good stewards with what God has provided. When you give to our general fund you’re actually partnering with us in two ways:
1) Supporting our monthly operating expenses, including the wages of our thirteen employees (most of those part-time),
2) allowing us to continue using the royalties to support many worthy Christian ministries. So, in effect, you’re supporting those ministries as well.
If you'd like to make a year-end, tax-deductible donation to EPM, please note that donations postmarked no later than December 31, or received online by 11:59 p.m. PT on December 31, will be included on this year’s tax receipts.
With great gratitude to God and personal appreciation of you, and on behalf of the EPM staff and board,