What Information Do We Collect and How Is It Used?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to Our Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to us by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: Our website may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: Our website automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access it. For example, when you use our website, it will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed our website. Our website may also collect information about actions you take when using it, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: Our website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the website. Our website may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on our website.
How Your Information May Be Used
Our website may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain our website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To process your purchases and donations;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on our website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
Our website may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, our website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of our website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The EPM site currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on our website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at our sole discretion.
Except when required by law, Eternal Perspectives Ministries will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, Eternal Perspectives Ministries may disclose or transfer personal information collected through our website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, Eternal Perspectives Ministries may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies by using a corresponding setting of on their Internet browsers and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time using an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate cookies, parts of our website may not function correctly.
Affiliate Program Participation - Our website engages in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into our website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Eternal Perspectives Ministries is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, our website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Eternal Perspective Ministries is also a participant in the Christianbook.com Affiliate Program.
Newsletters - On our website, you may subscribe to our newsletters, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, Eternal Perspectives Ministries may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows Eternal Perspectives Ministries to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This information will not be passed on to third parties.
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing lists.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
Our website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that our website has personally identifiable information of a child under age 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will do our best to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last updated July 12, 2018