The Treasure Principle: You can’t take it with you, but... you can send it on ahead.
“Store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven.” —Jesus, Matthew 6:20
The six keys:
1. God owns everything; I’m His money manager.
We are the managers of the assets God has entrusted—not given—to us.
2. My heart always goes where I put God’s money.
Watch what happens when you reallocate your money from temporal things to eternal things.
3. Heaven—the New Earth, not the present one—is my home.
We are citizens of “a better country–a heavenly one.” (Hebrews 11:16)
4. I should live today not for the dot, but for the line.
From the dot—our present life on earth—extends a line that goes on forever, which is eternity in Heaven.
5. Giving is the only antidote to Materialism.
Giving is a joyful surrender to a greater person and a greater agenda. It dethrones me and exalts Him.
6. God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving.
God gives us more money than we need so we can give—generously.