Common Elements of Near Death and “After Death” Experiences
1. Difficulty in describing experience.
2. Hearing themselves pronounced dead.
3. Pleasant feelings of peace, quiet and “extreme comfort.”
4. Distinct noise—buzzing, roaring, ringing or whistling. Sometimes beautiful music.
5. Moving quickly through a tunnel.
6. “OOBE”—out of body experience.
7. Meeting and conversing with others in the after life.
8. Encounter with the “Being of Light”—who completely accepts the individual. Magnetic attraction to “Being of Light.”
9. Review of entire life.
10. Approaching a border or limit.
11. Return back to body.
12. Reluctance to share experience.
13. Changed life—become more reflective, philosophical.
14. A new view of death—no longer fear.
Questions about Life After Life by Randy Alcorn:
1. Are these experiences real?
2. Are these experiences valid?
3. Are these experiences supernatural?
4. If supernatural, are they of God or Satan?
5. And HOW CAN WE KNOW FOR SURE?!