Is God Calling You to Missions in 2010?
I have the highest regard for the cause of world missions, and the greatest respect for Action International, one of many fine missions groups. While Doug Nichols is making this request, these ten qualities express what many other missions are looking for, too. Ask yourself if you or someone you know fits this profile, and ask God whether He wants you to step out in faith and follow Him to bring Christ to people in another part of the world. And note also how nearly all of the ten qualities are exactly what we should each develop, whether we serve God overseas or right where we are now.
In 2010 Please Send Us Your Best and Brightest as Well as Others!
Doug Nichols, Action International
Hundreds of additional missionaries are needed to serve with Action International Ministries (ACTION) in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America—workers to serve in evangelism, discipleship, and development with all sections of society including the poor, needy children, and under-trained pastors and Christian workers.
Whether you are “the best and brightest” of your school or church or just ordinary like the rest of us, there are 10 basic requirements to serve with ACTION:
1. An ability to feed yourself on the Word of God (Ephesians 6:10-18).
2. A desire to rejoice in the sovereignty of God in all circumstances (Daniel 3:17, 1 Timothy 6:15, Revelation 6:10).
3. An understanding of one’s biblical call of God to missions (ministry) and a well thought-out biblical philosophy of ministry (Luke 9:57-62, 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
4. Basic evangelism skills (2 Timothy 4:5).
5. Discipleship skills (2 Timothy 2:2, 2 Peter 3:18).
6. Skills that allow one to function on a team, and help carry the load (Hebrews 10:24-25).
7. Relationship skills that allow for one to gently confront others, and also to receive correction and not be easily offended (Galatians 6:1-2).
8. A life marked by the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-25).
9. A servant attitude (2 Corinthians 4:5; Philippians 2:7).
10. The willingness to adapt to a different culture and to understand that what is personally familiar and comfortable does not always work elsewhere in the world (1 Corinthians 9:1-23).
What do you think? Are you interested? Are you age 21 to 75 and willing to trust God for support (personal and ministry) and for Him to use you for His glory?
Learn more about Action International Ministries at www.actionintl.org